6 Weeks to Moving Day
6 Weeks to Moving Day
- Create a floor plan of your new home and plan the placement of furniture.
- Look at your furniture and arrange to sell items that will not be required in your new house. A garage sale might work well, or you could sell them on a website such as Gumtree.
- Plan your packing - either include it in your removal requirements with Aarons Removals or organise the delivery of boxes from Aarons Removals if you want to pack yourself. Make sure you use proper equipment such as tape, paper and marking pens.
2 Weeks to Moving Day
2 Weeks to Moving Day
- Check the garden and pot the plants that you want to take with you.
- Check the garage, shed and under the house.
- Hold a garage sale.
- Use up all frozen foods in the freezer, unless you’re moving locally.
- Dispose of garden chemicals, paints, fuel and other flammable and hazardous items.
- Burn off the gas from the BBQ or have the bottle purged at an approved provider.
- Make arrangements to have pets looked after for at least two days before you move. If you are moving interstate, book your pet transport through Aarons Removals.
- If required, make arrangements to have your entertainment surround sound system disconnected and flat panel TV removed from the wall.
- Start packing this week (if you’re doing it yourself)
- Label every carton by room. Keep a separate list of the contents for your own reference.
- Contact family, friends and businesses regarding your change of address.
- If any furniture needs to be dismantled before moving, begin to do this week. Put all bolts and screws and other small attachments to make up this furniture into a small self-sealing bag and tape to the base of the item, or, label clearly and place in one box that will contain all items of this kind.
- If you are driving your car any distance to the new address, have the vehicle checked.
- Arrange telephone, electricity, gas and water supplies for your new home.
- Return library books.
- If a boat or trailer is being included in the load, make sure all items within the boat are secured.
1 Week to Moving Day
1 Week to Moving Day
- Arrange with Australia Post to have all your mail redirected.
- Cancel any deliveries being made to your present home.
- Reconfirm travel arrangements for vehicles and care for your pets. Your pets may be becoming anxious when they see all the upheaval. Ensure they are enclosed at all times so they don’t disappear and cause unnecessary grief.
- Make a list of things to do on moving day.
- If you have a waterbed, make arrangements to have the bed prepared as per the manufacturer’s specifications. This may mean having a contractor come the day before you leave. Your removalist may also be able to assist you.
- If you have a wall mounted dryer, you may need to remove the bracket from the wall.
- If battery powered items are going into store, or overseas, remove all batteries.
- If you are taking special light fittings with you that need to be disconnected by an electrician, organise this now.
- Drain the fuel from your lawnmower.
- Establish cut off or final reading dates for electricity, water, phone, and gas.
- Collect any articles that are being repaired or have been loaned out.
- Dispose of any items that did not sell at the garage sale.
- If needed, make special arrangements for parking or access for the removalist to your home.
2 Days to Moving Day
2 Days to Moving Day
- Arrange finances for payments on moving day.
- If travelling by car check oil, water and tyres.
- Pack the things you’ll need immediately after moving.
- Collect dry cleaning.
- Do the laundry, fold and pack.
- Make sure that all jars, bottles and cans containing non-flammable liquids are tightly sealed and packed in waterproof containers or plastic bags.
- If you are keeping blinds or curtains, take these down and pack them.
- Finish your packing. Make sure all items are on your inventory and each box is numbered.
- Place things you wish to take with you in a separate area and let the removalist know.
1 Day to Moving Day
1 Day to Moving Day
- If you are having things professionally packed, this will happen today as per your instructions.
- Separate any items you have packed and will be taking with you and place in an area from which they will not be collected, such as your car if you are driving. This includes all jewellery, handbags, cameras and documents.
- Defrost and clean out your fridge and freezer. Wiping the inside surface with vanilla essence will prevent any build-up of mildew or nasty smells. Check with the manufacturer whether the fridge motor needs to be specially secured.
- Dispose of food items that are open and will go off if not unpacked within two days.
- Wash and dry all dishes ready for packing.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet and properly dispose of unwanted drugs
- Check all your drawers and remove items that are heavy, breakable or hold liquid.
- Prepare your washing machine according to the manufacturers specifications.
- Leave your forwarding address and contact number for the new owners/occupants of your house.
- If the house will be vacant for a while, notify the police and neighbours.
The Big Day!
The Big Day!
- When the removalist arrives, make sure they know where they can park their vehicles. It may be a good idea to park your cars overnight where the removal van will need to park so the position is available when they arrive.
- If you can’t be there, you will need to appoint an agent to act on your behalf. We cannot collect goods without a person present.
- Walk around the house with the removalist to show them exactly what you want done. Show them what you will want as soon as you arrive at the new house. They can pack these items last so they come off first.
- Pack yourself a survival kit with toiletries, tea, coffee, milk and other drinks, personal items, first aid kit, spare clothing, tea towels and other dish cleaning equipment.
- Make sure pets and children are kept out of the removalists way. It’s a good idea to have family or friends look after them for the day.
- Collect all house keys and try to keep out of the removalists way.
- Place all items that are being transported by yourself securely in your car boot or out of sight, locking all doors and keeping your keys in your pocket.
- If renting, keep keys in the car ready to be delivered to the agent as you leave.
- Make a final check of all cupboards, cabinets and storage areas to make sure nothing has been left behind.
- Make a final check in all sheds, and the garden area.
- Before the removalist leaves, walk around and check all areas. If moving interstate or your goods are going to storage, check and then sign the inventory.
- Turn off the power to the house, tighten all taps, make sure the gas and all electrical switches are turned off.
- Lock all doors and windows.
Your New House
Your New House
- If renting, conduct a walk through before delivering furniture, documenting the state of the house.
- Have the removalists place heavy furniture in the room and position where you want it. It may be difficult to rearrange heavy items once they have gone.
- If your goods are coming from storage, interstate or overseas, check the inventory carefully and sign off on it once satisfied all items on the list are accounted for.
- Locate all keys to your new house.
- If you are concerned about security, arrange to have all the locks changed.
- Check that the gas, power and telephone are connected.
- Turn on the hot water system.
- Ensure your pets will be safe while settling in.
- When appropriate, meet your immediate neighbours.
1800 623 223
Based on 38 reviews
Aarons Removalists Perth
03:17 10 Feb 22
Our recent move went smoothly thanks to Dillan, Harry and Jordan. They were fast and efficient moving us from a 2 storey house to a single level.They were friendly & professional and we were very happy with the job. We are in temporary accommodation at the moment and when we are ready to move again will have no hesitation in using these guys again. Highly recommend. Thanks again for a great job!
07:34 27 Oct 21
I contacted Aarons after observing the guys loading furniture etc at another house across the road.I contacted other companies, yes they gave an hourly quote but Regan was the only one that came and done a quote for moving, storage for 12 months and then moving into my new house.The guys Harry and Jordan were excellent, appeared to be happy, nothing was too much trouble. Were very careful with my furniture and belongings.Thanks for a great job so far
06:22 07 Jul 21
Top removalist, easy to deal with and extremely efficientCouldnt have asked for an better move.
01:07 02 Jul 21
Deano was great to deal with over the phone. Harry and Jordan were great proffesionals and did a stellar job, would absolutely recommend to anyone!
Denis and Fiona Rayner
08:16 24 Apr 21
Stored our furniture with Aarons for nearly 5 years and during this time found both Deano and Reagan so friendly and professional. We just had our furniture delivered and cannot see any damage whatsoever ever. I seriously have no issue in promoting these guys or thank them enough for their business. If I could give a10 star rating I would. Thanks guys it been a pleasure using your service.
01:10 11 Nov 20
This is my 3rd time using Aarons. The first 2 times were Perth to Sydney in 2007, then Sydney back to Perth in 2014, and now a local move. These guys are the ultimate professionals and i would never consider using anyone else. Thanks to Reagan and the boys for another 1st class experience...
23:49 01 Nov 20
Very proffessional and very carefule with all our belongings on our downlift! Would recommend!
05:12 05 Aug 20
Was reasonably happy but someone miscalculated and the truck wasn't big enough. Which meant that we had to do 3 trailer runs ourselves . Otherwise no complaints, nothing damaged
08:02 11 Feb 20
Throughout the entire process we felt supported and assured that it would all go smoothly. Aaron’s Removals were super patient with my parent's limited understanding of the English language and were able to put up with my never ending questions.All the boxes arrived on time with not one single item missing or broken.Aaron’s Removals - Thank you for making my parents move to Victoria so much easier.Highly recommend their work!
00:23 07 Feb 20
I dealt with Regan, he was extremely helpful and accomodating. Highly recommended.
06:45 25 Jan 20
Professional,understanding,value for money,confidence
06:09 05 Nov 19
Very impressed with the price and the efficiency
06:46 04 Sep 19
I'm moving from Tasmania to WA soon and I have received a excellent quote fron Aaron's...I used them when I moved before and I was very pleased with their professional work ,,I would recommend them for your next move
03:38 14 Aug 19
They got my stuff and a boat shipped from Perth to Adelaide , timing was all good. Had a minor issue with the boat but this was amicably resolved by the owner. thanks.
00:20 09 Aug 19
I have used Aarons removals recently to relocate from Perth to Melbourne. Their level of service was excellent. From moving furniture to getting to Melbourne they have exceeded my expectation. Goods arrived on time in Melbourne as advised. No delays or misleading promises. I have been dealing directly with Regan. He has been a top professional. Always answers your phone and e-mails and gives you an accurate information. I would highly recommend Aaron's removals. I would use them again and will happily recommend to friends needing to move interstate. Thank you Aarons removals & Regan for making my move such a good and stress-less experience.
13:05 12 Jul 19
These guys are great. Could not be more helpful and professional.
05:07 21 Mar 19
Recently moved a bunch of goods from Perth to Brisbane. All went according to plan at a good price. Easy to deal with and no issues. Will use again if I have the need. Thanks, Macey.
04:35 02 Oct 18
We have used Aaron’s on three occasions over the past four years and we can’t speak more highly of the service they provided. Reagan Farrant provided quotes that were well under other providers and his removal staff completed the moves in a friendly and excellent manner.We would recommend Aaron’s to anyone.
02:42 26 Sep 18
Hi Regan, got my gear today thank you very much. You guys were awesome as were John Ryan Removals here in Melbourne. We will contact you when we move back home. Alana
01:06 26 Sep 18
Excellent service worked very hard and came in well under the price I had anticipatedThe two guys worked very hard and were great
Statewide Furniture Removals
07:05 19 Jul 18
Awesome staff !
12:20 11 Feb 18
I dealt with Regan from Aarons Removals and found the service to be exceptional. Fantastic attention to detail, flexibility and comparable quotes.Highly recommend.
02:03 19 Jan 18
We were blown away by the care taken by the Perth team from Aarons removals. They did all of the packing, as well as moving all of our furniture etc, and they were extremely prompt, professional, friendly, careful with our belongings, and the price was very comparable. Would highly recommend them
09:01 17 Dec 17
13:38 19 Aug 17
Great service. On time, friendly and efficient. Hourly rate pretty high but the two guys were great and worked as fast as they could. Move was Willagee to Port Kennedy so lots of on the road time involved.
08:27 20 Apr 17
Standout operators, really professinal with solid communication from their Operations team.
06:26 14 Oct 16
Used them few years back. They are very professional in their service.
02:56 15 Dec 15
I can't believe there are no reviews for this company!On the recommendation of a close friend we had the good fortune to be moved by this company from Perth WA to Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast Qld in October this year......a big move!We can't speak highly enough of this company. Very reasonable price, excellent follow up, great male packer one day and 2 very cheerful pick up guys the next day. Nothing was too much trouble.Our goods left our house in a container and arrived at our new house in Noosaville in the same container so no double/triple handling. I was amazed that there was not one chip, scratch, dent or breakage in anything. No mean feat after such a long journey.I can't recommend this company highly enough and urge anyone moving to at least get them to give you a quote