Planning a move can be a daunting task, but with a well-structured moving timeline, you can stay organised and ensure a smooth relocation. Below, we will guide you through the process of creating a moving timeline to help you stay prepared for your upcoming move with Aarons Removals.
Assess Your Moving Needs
Before booking a Perth Removalist, it’s essential to assess your moving requirements. Determine your moving date, the size of your move, any special items that need extra care (such as electrical goods or anything sentimental), and whether you’ll need additional services such as packing supplies or storage. This will help you adjust your moving timeline to your specific needs.
Set a Realistic Timeline
Based on your moving date and the complexity of your move, set a realistic timeline that allows enough time for each stage. Remember to consider factors such as packing, decluttering, notifying utilities, and arranging a Perth Removalist. Breaking the timeline into smaller intervals and setting deadlines for each task will help you stay organized.
- Eight Weeks Before the Move: Start your moving journey by focusing on the initial steps. During this phase, begin decluttering and sorting your belongings, as this will help reduce the number of items you need to move and streamline the packing process. You can read our blog on moving tips for help. Now is also a good time to make decisions on items that you want to sell, donate, or discard.
Research and book your Perth Removals Service with Aarons Removals to secure your preferred dates. It is important to book early to ensure we are available for your preferred date and time.
- Six Weeks Before the Move: With six weeks remaining, it’s time to start gathering packing supplies such as boxes, butcher’s paper, and packing tape. We recommend you purchase boxes designed for moving, such as specialised cartons for TV’s and Artwork. You can order these on our website.
Begin packing non-essential items, such as out-of-season clothes, books, and decorations. Label each box with its contents and the room it belongs to. This allows the box to be put in the correct room during the move and helps you identify items when unpacking or placing them in storage. Labeling on the sides rather than the top is the best approach; this way, when they are stacked on each other, you can still see your labeling.
- Four Weeks Before the Move: Moving day is only a month away! It’s time to focus on notifying important parties of your change of address. This includes updating your address with the post office (and setting up a mail redirect), banks, utilities, insurance providers, and any subscriptions or memberships you have. Inform your friends and family about your upcoming move, ensuring a smooth transition without any interruptions.
- Two Weeks Before the Move: As the final weeks approach, start packing up the remaining items, leaving only essential items for daily use. Take care to properly pack fragile or valuable items using clean white paper to protect them. Feel free to call us for packing tips for fragile goods. Also, consider creating an inventory of your belongings for reference. Confirm the details of your move with Aarons Removals, including the pickup and delivery times as well as any additional services that you require.
- One Week Before the Move: In the last week leading up to your move, ensure that all loose ends are tied up. Confirm the arrangements for your new home, such as utility connections and any necessary repairs or renovations. Pack an essential box with items you’ll need immediately upon arrival, such as toiletries, a change of clothes, and important documents.
- Moving Day: It’s time to move! prioritise safety by ensuring clear paths at the new property for the movers, and keep important documents and valuable items close to you during the transportation process. Perform a final walkthrough of your old home to ensure nothing is left behind. Once you arrive at your new home, verify that all your belongings are accounted for and assist the movers in placing furniture and boxes in designated rooms.
By creating a moving timeline and following it, you can stay organised, reduce stress, and ensure a smooth transition into your new home. Remember to tailor your timeline to your specific needs and contact the team at Aarons Removals to organise your moving date.